The school is locally owned and operated since 1956. It is dedicated to training the students of tomorrow for a great future in the beauty industry. If you are looking for a career that:
- lets you use your creative abilities
- gives you freedom and flexibility
- gives you financial security
- trains you in less than a year
Staff and Students
The Staff at SSOC is trained to give the student a well-rounded education in their chosen profession. They are prepared for state licensing while the school reaches beyond this point in preparing the student with a positive attitude about their exciting career in the cosmetology industry. The School is fully staffed with Administrative personnel and Instructional staff. All Instructors exhibit outstanding qualities in leadership and strive to produce quality educated students.
The STAUNTON SCHOOL OF COSMETOLOGY bases its operating philosophy on several significant forces exerting influence on students in the beauty industry today.
We believe the most important objective in our entire philosophy is the training and equipping of our students with skills necessary to secure a successful and financially rewarding career
In today’s business world, technological and product procedures change at an ever-increasing rate. As a leader in cosmetology training, the STAUNTON SCHOOL OF COSMETOLOGY INCORPORATED is geared for immediate changes in its courses to keep pace with every change of the hair and fashion world.
This is our philosophy, and it is this philosophy that drives our objectives:
- To present the most practical cosmetology training in the prescribed allotted time at a reasonable expense.
- To develop a wholesome and ethical, social, business, professional and civic attitude in all students.
- To provide to the cosmetology industry, employees who are well trained in the required skills, technologies and knowledge of hairstyling.
- To teach business skills to those who plan to own their own business.
The STAUNTON SCHOOL OF COSMETOLOGY strives to produce a reasonable profit that will ensure constant educational growth of the staff, students, school training program, teaching methods and techniques and enable us to keep the latest professional equipment up to date.
Events – click on this link
From our archives here are some of our students that have competed in various competitions in our area and at a state level.
Teaching the Teacher – click on this link
Here is a book written by one of our instructors on teaching available online through Paypal